Road Hazard Warranty
Low profile, high performance tyres come at a price so why not protect your investment with Kumho’s Road Hazard Warranty. We understand that your car is one of your most important assets, so why not guard against tyre damage from road hazards such as potholes, gutters and foreign objects.
From as little as $3.95 per tyre* you can have that peace of mind.
The Road Hazard Warranty is available on the following ultra-high performance tyres:
- Ecsta PS91
- Ecsta LX KU27
- Ecsta Le Sport KU39
- Ecsta HS51
- Ecsta SPT KU31
- Ecsta 4X KU22
Terms and Conditions
- This Warranty applies only to the original purchaser (or owner) named on this warranty card.
- This Warranty applies only to tyres imported to Australia by Kumho Tyre Australia. Tyres purchased and normally used outside Australia are not covered under this Warranty.
- This Warranty is applicable to the following Kumho tyre patterns: PS91, KU27, KU39, HS51, KU31&KU22. Run flat tyres are no applicable.
- Applicable Sizes: 55 series and lower and 15 inch and greater.
- A road hazard damages a tyre and can be caused by colliding with gutters, potholes or foreign objects on the road. This Warranty is not valid on damage that can be repaired, such as a nail penetrating the tread.
- The tyres specified above will be replaced with Kumho tyres of the same size and pattern, if available. If not available, a comparable quality tyre will be substituted. The replacement of tyres is free of charge to the vehicle stated below for the damage caused by a Road Hazard under the following conditions: – It will be covered for the first 25% of the useable tread-life of the tyre, or 12 months from the date of purchase, whichever occurs first.
- Tyres will not be covered by this Warranty if damage is caused: – By an act of vandalism, theft, willful abuse and neglect. – Use in motorsport, and non-tarmac roads. – Use in other than normal driving conditions or in commercial situations such as taxis, hire cars etc. – As a result of improper use or operation, including without limitation improper inflation pressure, overloading, use of an improper rim, vehicle misalignment, tyre/wheel assembly/ imbalance or other vehicle conditions, defects or characteristics, worn suspension components, improper mounting or demounting, misuse, misapplication, negligence, tyre spinning, tyre chain damage, chemical contamination (such as sealers, fillers, etc), fire or other externally generated heat, water or other material trapped inside the tyre during mounting, tyre alteration, racing or competition use, failure to rotate properly or regularly, or to properly maintain tyres.
- The applicable area is tarmac roads within Australia.
An original invoice for the purchase of these tyres must be kept displaying the purchase of this Warranty and must be presented upon lodging a claim.
- Kumho accepts no responsibility for injury to persons or damage to vehicle as a result of the Kumho tyres being damaged.
- Kumho reserves the right to inspect damaged tyres before providing a free replacement tyre.
- To lodge a claim, present this voucher (signed by the tyre dealer at time of purchase to the tyre dealer from whom you purchased the tyres). We suggest you keep this voucher in your glove box with your service log book.
- To the extent permitted by law, liabilities for consequential damages are disclaimed. In no case shall Kumho Tyre Australia Pty Ltd’s liability exceed the original cost of the purchased tyres.
Download your copy of our Road Hazard Warranty Booklet for further detailed information.
*Conditions apply. Warranty is valid for the first 25% of the tyre tread life or 12 months from date of purchase, whichever occurs first. Available at participating dealers only.